The Academy of Finance (AOF), formerly known as Central Banking School of Finance and Accounting, was established in 1963 and renamed to Hanoi University of Finance and Accounting in 1976. In 2001, the name “Academy of Finance was officially used pursuant to Decision No. 120/2001/QD-TTg on the basis of merging three institutions: Hanoi University of Finance and Accounting, Institute of Financial Research and Centre of Financial Cadre Training. In 2003, Institute of Market and Price Research and School of National Treasury Training were integrated into AOF.
- Mission, Responsibility and Function
- Mission: To provide the economy with excellence and expertise in Finance and Accounting.
- Responsibility: Academic training and scientific research, a prestiged professional trainer of business for Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.
- Under-graduated and graduated degrees
- Various types of academic training: full-timed, part-timed, top-up, etc.
- Scientific research and managerial capacity building
- Institution, Training and Academic Strength
- Institutional structure:
- 13 administrative divisions
- 14 academic faculties
- 02 research institutes
- Number of lecturers and staffs (approx. 800 in total) including:
- 400 academic lecturers
- 300 managerial staffs
- 100 researchers
- Annual admission: 23,000
- Annual admission increase ratio: 10%
- Key faculties:
- Corporate Finance
- Accounting and Auditing
- Public Finance
- Banking - Insurance
- Tax - Custom
- INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION
- For years, AOF’s strategic partnership were bounded in Russia, Laos, Cambodia and China.
- In 2008, the AOF’s Director Board set up a brandnew partnership with an UK university remarking a new era of dynamic international cooperative activities.
- At present, AOF has various cooperative relationships with international partners such as: the US, Britain, Canada, France, Japan, Australia and NZ, etc….
- Master Programme of International Trade and Finance (Leeds Beckett University, UK)
- Master Degree in Corporate Finance and Management Control (Toulon-Var University, France)
- MSc Programme of Finance & Investment (University of Greenwich, UK)
- MBA programme (University of Gloucestershire, UK)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Victoria University of Wellington, NZ)
- International Professional Accountant Programme (ACCA, UK)
- PROGRAMME PRIORITY
- Partnership of academic training (under-graduated and graduated)
- Student exchange programme
- Lecturer and staff capacity building
- Joint-programme in scientific research
Associate Prof., Dr. Nguyen Trong Co – President of the AOF
The AOF’s Logo
Mr. Dinh Tien Dung - Minister of Finance – attended the AOF’s 50th Anniversary Meetings and Ho Chi Minh Medal Conferring Ceremony