"Sustainable Economic Development and Business Management
in the Context of Globalisation"
Conference date: 11th December, 2019
CALL FOR PAPERS AND ATTENDANCE
According to Official Letter No. 36/BTC – HVTC, dated 10th April, 2019 on the external plan of the Ministry of Finance, and the operation plan for science and technology research in 2019, Academy of Finance organizes an International Conference “Sustainable Economic Development and Business Management in the Context of Globalisation” for the second time (SEDBM 2) in Hanoi on 11th December, 2019.
SEDBM for the first time (2018) did not only consolidate the reputation of Academy of Finance, but also brought great scientific value, attended by more than 500 authors from many regional and international organizations, with over 150 articles covering both theoretical and practical perspective on sustainable economic development in the context of globalization.
Following that success, SEDBM 2 is expected to become a periodly forum which attracts regional and international researchers to discuss new theory in Economics and Finance.
With the purpose of discussion some issues related to business administration, green development, corporate restructuring, stock market, financial liberalization, the conference is planned to include 3 main topics: (1) Economics, Business Administration; (2) Finance; (3) Accounting – Auditing; and some other related issues.
Two keynotes speakers of the conference are Assoc. Prof. Dr. Simone Domenico Scagnelli – specialized in Accounting, Faculty of Business – Law, Edith Cowan University, Australia and Dr. Jaime Yong, who is currently the Course Coordinator for Finance, in the School of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University, Australia.
The conference is going to be held on 11th December, 2019 at Academy of Finance. The conference program, information of keynote speakers and participants are available on the Conference's official website: http://hvtc.edu.vn/sedbm2019
- Italian Research Center for Shared Value, Co-founder
- European Accounting Association, member
- Sustainability Accounting Standard Board Alliance, member
- Italian Academy of Business Administration (AIDEA), member
- Italian Society of Accounting Scholars (SIDREA), member
- Italian registry of professional Auditors, member
Scagnelli got awarded his Ph.D in 2005 from the University of Turin, in Italy, with a thesis focussing on the accountability and measurement issues of Management Information Systems. Prior to joining ECU as Associate Professor, Scagnelli was Associate Professor at the Department of Management, University of Turin, Italy, and was the Head of International Relations and Director of the International Bachelor in Business & Management. From 2012 to 2018, Scagnelli was also Adjunct Professor of Financial & Managerial Accounting at ESCP Europe, one of the top Business Schools in the World. Scagnelli’s research has been mostly in Accounting, with a particular focus on Corporate Social Responsibility. Scagnelli has presented at leading international conferences and published in scholarly international journals such as the Australian Accounting Review, Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, and Pacific Accounting Review. Scagnelli’s international research partnerships span the countries of Italy, UK, Germany, Russia, Australia and Japan, where has obtained a number of research grants. Scagnelli has also supervised research students to completion at the PhD level. Scagnelli has also developed an extensive experience in the industry. Prior to joining Academia, Scagnelli was associate partner at a leading Italian Law and Accounting firm, providing advisory services to national and multinational companies in the Automotive, Aerospace and ICT industries. Simone Scagnelli is now Associate Professor in Accounting, School of Business and Law, Commerce Discipline.
Dr Jaime Yong
- Edith Cowan University, Academic Discipline Coodinator in Finance
- School of Business and Law, the Course Coordinator for Finance
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA), member
Jaime won an Excellent Bachelor Degree in Business at Edith Cowan University. Jaime got awarded her Ph.D in 2013 from the Edith Cowan University, a prestigious university in Australia. Jaime started as a sessional academic at ECU, Perth Institute of Business and Technology and Curtin University. Jaime has been with ECU on a full-time basis since 2009. Jaime’s research focus is on direct and securitised real estate investments in Australia and implications on portfolio choices. In 2013, Jaime was awarded with Excellence in Postgraduate Teaching from Faculty of Business and Law. Over the past decade, Jaime has taught economics and finance units at both the undergraduate and postgraduate level, with subjests of Finance, Fundamentals of Value Creation and Corporate Finance. With 18 international publications covering Commercial Real Estate, Index construction, Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), Asset pricing and Portfolio allocation, associated with coauthors from European and Asian countries, Jaime has shown youth enthusiasm and success in science researching.
Sincerely invite colleagues to attend the conference and submit research papers (either in English or Vietnamese) to the following Email:
- Submitted manuscripts will be peer-reviewed, and accepted papers will be included in proceedings with a publishing license and an ISBN.
- Excellent papers can be chosen for publication in Journal of Finance and Accounting Research; Review of Finance;
Guide for Authors
- Official language: English or Vietnamese;
- Submissions must be submitted in Microsoft Word [.doc/.docx] format using the template as follows:
- Page 1: Information of the authors (The author’s name, phone number, email address, affiliation).
- From page 2: Content of the paper (The abstract of the paper written in Vietnamese must be both in English and Vietnamese; Reference is compulsory).
- Full paper submission deadline: 15th November, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: 25th November, 2019
- Registration deadline: 30th November, 2019
- Conference date: 11th December, 2019
ACADEMY OF FINANCE
58, Le Van Hien, Duc Thang, Bac Tu Liem district, Hanoi, Vietnam
Contact for Queries:
Telephone: (+84) 982701556 (Ms Nga) or (+84) 904755576 (Ms Huyen)
Welcome colleagues to the Conference!